"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup." - A

August 22, 2019

Feelin' hot... hot... hot!

I have a thing for kitchen towels.

You never knew that, did you? :o)

I love them. 

The colors...

The patterns...

The textures...

I have an old metal kitchen cabinet that is full-to-bursting with my "collection" for every season.

The cabinet is in my bedroom.

I guess that's a whole other story. ;o)

Giving my kitchen a little makeover just by changing out my pretties brings me joy. ♥

Most of the time. :o/

Last night, I was pulling a baking sheet full of chicken fries* out of a blazing hot oven.

(No. My culinary skills have not improved.)

I was using a brand new oven mitt.

Imagine my surprise when my bare skin came in contact with the molten metal pan.

Sizzle.

The smell of burning flesh.

YELP.

My new mitt had a hole in it...

Smack dab in the spot that is supposed to protect the webbing between your thumb and index finger.

Now I have a huge blister.

SIGH

*No fries were lost. I'm good like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments also taste good with ketchup. GRIN.